Effective Date: January 10, 2018.
Our Relationship with Gilead
Funding for the App has been provided by Gilead Sciences, Inc. (“Gilead”), a research-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative medicines. The App is hosted and operated by HealthPrize, and is co-branded by Gilead and HealthPrize.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect information when you register to use the App, input information into the App, or complete surveys or quizzes through the App.
The types of personal information you may choose to provide or authorize others to provide on your behalf include:
- E-mail address
- ZIP code
- Age range
- Medical and health information, such as diagnosis, pill tracking details, and lab results, including viral load and CD4 count
We also collect aggregate statistical data about the use of the App. We do not associate this information with individual users. The data we collect may include domain names and IP addresses of the devices on which the App is installed, referring and exit pages, Internet service provider (ISP), platform type, date/time stamp of App use, and number of clicks during an App session.
We do not, and do not authorize others to, collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the App.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
HealthPrize may use the information we collect to:
- Facilitate your use of the App (such as processing your App registration and sign-on, resetting your login credentials, or restoring the App data when you reset or replace your mobile device)
- Provide you with information about HIV and HIV treatment
- Enable you to use the App’s functionality (such as providing you with pill reminders, monitoring treatment progress and viral load, and helping you organize your relevant medical information within the App)
- Offer you opportunities to participate in quizzes and surveys via the App
- Generate aggregate, non-personally identifiable statistics about user engagement, patient success and business impact of the App (such as the reputational effect of the App on the drug manufacturer)
- Operate and improve the App
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, and our policies and procedures (such as records retention requirements)
We may also use your information for other purposes identified at the time you provide your information or with your consent.
Personal Information of Children Under 13
This App is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through this App. If we learn that we unintentionally collected information from an individual under 13 years of age, we will delete that information from our then-active databases.
How We Share Personal Information
HealthPrize does not share your personal information except as follows:
- Responding to your requests: HealthPrize may share your personal information with third parties to provide you with products or services that you have specifically requested.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose information about you (i) if, in our judgment, we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
How We Share Aggregate, Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- HealthPrize shares with Gilead aggregate, non-personally identifiable information relating to the use of the App. This information does not identify individual users. The reports we provide to Gilead may concern user engagement, patient success, business impact of the App, and other statistical information.
How We Protect Personal Information
HealthPrize maintains administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the personal information we maintain. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. You should maintain the confidentiality of your App passcode, user name, and password, as applicable, to help safeguard your information. Remember to close out of the App when you have finished using it. If you have any questions about the security of our App, you can send a message to member support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Correcting, Updating, and Deleting Personal Information
You may adjust some of your privacy settings within in the App. You may also contact us to correct or update your personal information if it is inaccurate or to delete the information from our systems. If we delete your information, you may no longer be able to use the App. Even if you request that you delete your information, it may be necessary for us to need to retain some of the information to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain your e-mail address on the opt-out list).